How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to promote and provide the activities of IBTSC. We have set out below more information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we share your personal information.
In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your request or order (e.g. needing your email address to send you a journal article). If you do not provide that personal information we will not be able to process your request or order.
What information does IBTSC collect?
We collect and process personal information about you when you purchase goods and services from us, provide services for us and interact with us and our websites. This information includes:
- Your name, address, email address, and phone number;
- Your payment details, including billing and delivery addresses, where you make purchases from us or are due payment from us;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- If you are a student with us, records relating to your academic activities;
- Any information you provide to us in relation to your eligibility to study or work with IBTSC (e.g. passport and visa information); and
- If you use our library, records relating to your use of our library services.
How does IBTSC use your information?
We use your information as follows in relation to fulfilment of contracts with you:
- To fulfil a contract with you when you enrol as a student at IBTSC, or when you provide supervision services for IBTSC, when you purchase journals from us, or if you attend an event hosted by us;
- Providing you with library services upon your request; and
- Storing and analysing your information to review and progress any job application that you make with IBTSC.
We use your information as reasonably required by IBTSC to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Letting you know about IBTSC’s activities by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and laws relating to direct marketing;
- Operating IBTSC and maintaining such internal records and processes as are reasonably required to do so; and
- Ensuring the security of IBTSC's websites and information technology systems and protecting IBTSC's rights.
We use your information as follows where you give us consent:
- If we need your consent in order to send you information about IBTSC’s activities; and
- When we wish to use your personal information in circumstances that you would not have anticipated when you gave us your personal information.
How will IBTSC share your information?
We share your personal details:
- Within IBTSC and with members of staff which are involved in carrying out the processing described above;
- With third party service providers who, as necessary and appropriate, process your information on IBTSC's behalf for the purposes above – this includes, for example, our telephony service providers, cloud storage providers, external academics, our financial administrators, and our auditors; and
- With any third party that you ask us to share your personal information with, e.g. prospective employers or academic institutions.
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of IBTSC, our employees, our partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection; and
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storing your personal information
Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected, including outside of the European Economic Area. When transferring information to others, within the EEA or otherwise, we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data.
We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information, the right to restrict processing of your personal information, and the right to object to processing of your personal information. You have the right to object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of IBTSC's legitimate interests. You have the right to object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com in relation to any of the rights described in this section, or if you have any questions regarding this privacy notice. You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
The data controller for our website and our activities generally is the International Baptist Theological Study Centre Amsterdam at The Baptist House, Postjesweg 150, 1061 AX Amsterdam, The Netherlands.